Thursday, August 18, 2011

The Lion and His Raincoat


The Lion and His Raincoat

by Jessica

     Far off in the jungle, by the misty springs, Lion was taking a walk by himself. Surprisingly, he was wearing a hot thick raincoat that he could not take off. Tiger, Lion's friend, was walking in the jungle too. "My dear friend, Lion," cried Tiger, "what are you doing in that hot thick raincoat on such a lovely day as this?" "Tell me I have to know!" questioned Tiger.
     "Well," Lion started out, "it was this morning, I put this raincoat on. I really don't remember why I put it on, I guess I just thought it might all of a sudden rain."
     Tiger shook his head. "Please don't try to tell me you think it is going to rain today. The clouds aren't even what I call thin."
      Lion's eyes widened. He forced himself into thinking that he was going to wear this sweating hot raincoat on such a lovely warm October day. "Oh no," cried Lion.
      "Do not worry at all my friend," Tiger explained, "you simply cut off some of your sleeves and pants."
      "Great solution!" exploded excited Lion. He thanked his friend and ran home. He was so excited he cut off ALL his sleeves and pants. Then, he jumped out the door and felt the warm sunshine. He shook his body like a dog would wag it's tail. Eventually, the clouds rolled over the sun and it began to rain. Lion, shocked by his foolishness, prayed for the rain to stop. But the storm raged on, and lion darted home with a soaking wet body and a soaking wet tail that dragged along behind him. When the storm stopped, there was only miles and miles of muddy puddles. Floating in one of the pond-sized puddles, there was a small bit of tattered cloth that had covered Lion's tail.
Moral: Advice from friends is like weather, some of it is good, some of it is bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment